RHUA Dress Code
4301-100 Edison Avenue, Fort Myers, FL 33916 / 330-583-4070
The following is the dress code for any member of the Roy Hobbs Umpires Association. There will be no deviation from the following when assigned to Roy Hobbs-sanctioned events. Uniforms must be clean and neat in appearance with no holes (visible or otherwise) in shirt, pants, hat or shoes. Faded shirts or hats are not acceptable.
- All members of the crew must be dressed alike.
- Navy or black hat with RHUA logo. Hockey-style masks are approved for plate use.
- Umpires working the World Series are required to have a minimum of 3 colors of shirts available: Black, light blue and a third color of choice (options include cream, silver/gray, maroon.
- Red (as in scarlet or cardinal) shirts and accessories (except undershirts) are not acceptable for Roy Hobbs sanctioned events.
- Umpires are requested, but not required, to have a Roy Hobbs patch on breast pocket or left sleeve.
- Charcoal or Heather Grey slacks.
- Black belt.
- Black or Navy socks.
- Black shoes (logo is acceptable). Shoes must be shined.
- Navy plate coat, black or Navy pullover are optional in inclement weather.
- All umpires are required to bring their plate equipment to every scheduled game in case of an emergency.
Request an application to join the Roy Hobbs Umpires Association (RHUA) to work Roy Hobbs events.